Looking for a career or a change to a positive work environment? We have great daytime hours! Are you mechanically inclined? Do you have some experience with construction equipment, automotive repair or are you familiar with various machinery? Come join the team at Star Equipment, where we have great benefits and pay! We have paid on the job training!
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking full time and part time Service Technician / Mechanics, for our Cedar Rapids location - 2950 6th St SW.
Star Equipment is a construction equipment dealership that sells and services over 50 brands including Husqvarna, Takeuchi, Mustang, Gehl and Schwing. Equipment repairs vary from small Honda generators to major repairs on a skid loader or excavator. We have four locations in Iowa, Ames, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines and Waterloo, and we are family owned and operated, since 1968.
What will you do at Star Equipment?
• Complete repairs and services; correctly, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Insure all safety procedures are followed and that fellow employees do the same.
• Troubleshoot problems on all equipment using test equipment, tools, service manuals and service bulletins.
• Utilize all departmental reference materials, service and parts manuals needed to complete the job.
• Continually study and upgrade proficiency in construction equipment trouble shooting and repair.
• Keep paperwork up to date at all times, personal and company. (CDL, Physical, Log Books, Time cards)
• Think your job through and do it the best and most efficient way possible.
• Learn and operate construction equipment for diagnostics and repair.
What are we looking for?
• Construction equipment mechanic experience preferred.
• Mechanical knowledge and understanding required.
• Complete assigned tasks timely and effectively.
• Ability to read and use reference materials, both on paper and on computer.
• Ability to pass physical assessment and drug test.
• Ability to work daytime hours 7am to 5pm.
• Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
• Own enough hand tools to facilitate completion of job tasks.
Benefits include health, dental, life, vision and long term disability insurance, vacation and sick pay, 6 paid holidays, and uniforms.
Star Equipment is a drug-free workplace; pre-employment physical and drug screen required (paid by Star Equipment). EOE
Give Jon a call at 319-365-5139 or stop into our Cedar Rapids office at 2950 6th St SW, and fill out an application today!