Fiberutilities Network Services is adding to the team!
Fiberutilities Network Services is actively hiring a Network Field Technician to service the following Iowa counties and surrounding areas: Linn, Johnson, and Iowa.
Network Field Technicians perform installations/upgrades and disconnects on voice, data, transport, & video networks in schools, universities, and Iowa state-owned institutions. Experience with fiber optics, routers, and switches and related equipment is preferred.
• Service the Iowa Communications Network (ICN) performing installations/upgrades and disconnects on Ethernet, Fiber Optic Networks in Schools, Universities, and State of Iowa owned institutions
• Turn up and installation of TDM & ethernet data circuits
• Test and turn up of circuits; other duties include coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC-192, OC-48, DS-3, DS-1 and DS-0) at Remote Hubs
• Configure Cisco and Juniper Routers. Assist in the turn up of routers, switches and services for customers
• Troubleshoot TDM, SONET, Private line, Ethernet carrier services, Routers, Voice Switches, Ethernet Switches, CWDM and DWDM devices
• Escalate to additional field personnel for outages/maintenance assignments and also contacting partnering telecommunications carriers in the network for fault resolution
• Operational experience with test equipment that is preferred to include, OTDR’s, tone generator, VFL, Fiber Optic Scope, data analyzers, ethernet & TDM circuits testers, Wave Form Monitor, Volt/Amp meter, battery conductance/resistance tester, signal generator and cable locator
• Associate degree appropriate discipline and one year of related experience or 3-5 years of experience in absence of associate’s degree
• Technical training and/or certification is highly desired
• Experience with Cisco CCNA, TDM, SONET, Ethernet vendors, Cisco, fiber optics, OSP, ISP, cable plant splicing, and similar technologies, desirable!
• Valid driver's license and good driving record in good standing
This position is full-time and offers a competitive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, paid time off, holiday pay, company vehicle including gas card, and more!
Fiberutilities Network Services is excited to welcome a new team member. If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy client interaction, and variety throughout your workday, apply now!
Fiberutilities Network Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a large supporter of affirmative action. Fiberutilities Network Services has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All applicants are considered for actual employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.